Source: The Internet Journalist
- Buy Energy Star products, as they have met “strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the EPA and US Department of Energy”.
- When building or renovating a house, place insulation in the walls, ceiling and floor. It can save as much as 55% of energy in heating and 50% of energy in cooling.
- Don’t add blinds to your windows, rather “tint” them with Low-E glazing.
- Invest in a washing line, and use it to dry your clothes. This way, you are taking advantage of solar power, without the solar panels!
- Buy Energy Saver light bulbs, like Compact Fluorescent bulb. They can use nearly 80% less energy, but can match, or often excel the light output of a traditional filament bulb. They also emit a white light, which is more pleasant on the eye.
- Buy appliances that can run off batteries, rather than plug them in the wall, like an alarm clock.
- If installing light in your garden, buy the self-sufficient Solar-powered lights, which have a perfect beautiful glow.
- Take part in outdoor sport, such as football or tennis. This gets you out of the house, and prevents you from relying on a TV or computer for entertainment, and thus saving electricity.
- Invest in solar panels. This can be expensive, and so I’ve saved it for last, but with nearly 50% efficiency being reached in testing (If it’s not surpassed already), Solar power will become very viable and more affordable in the future.
- BONUS: 10. Unplug cell phone chargers / camera chargers if you aren’t using them. They consume a constant stream of electricity when plugged in, which seems small, until you have 6 or 7 of them.
Folsom Luxury Homes and Land Specialist
Our motto is to always “Do the Right Thing”, starting with providing premier executive service to buyers and sellers of Folsom, Granite Bay, and El Dorado Hills luxury homes and land.
For more information from California Home Network visit Patrick Warholic, The Internet Home Marketing Specialist for free, no registration required, MLS home and property searches with tons of advanced home search criteria like energy saving features as in, solar hot water and low E windows, plus get free real estate reports, information for sellers, information for buyers, and find out exactly what your home is worth with a free home valuation, with current up-to-date market information provided for you.
Learn how how you can be mortgage free in 8 to 11 years without re-financing. Ask for your free House Payment Free analysis.
Contact Patrick Warholic, Realtor, CCRA, SRES, ASP, and e-PRO certified.